Arts in Education: STEAM (Science | Technology | Engineering | Arts | Math)
Arts in Education: STEAM (Science | Technology | Engineering | Arts | Math) involves the creation of projects which demonstrate the integration of arts and science, arts and technology, arts and engineering, and/or arts and math.
Art teachers connect with their colleagues in the science, technology, engineering and/or math departments to plan the project and then work with the students to create and implement the project.
The projects are meant to create cross collaboration among departments to incorporate the arts to enhance the students’ grasp of their existing coursework in subjects like and related to science, technology, engineering and math as well as factor in the effective use of creativity.
Arts Education helps close the achievement gap, improves academic skills essential for reading and language development, and advances students’ motivation to learn.
Students who receive arts education instruction are three (3) times more likely to win an award for school attendance, four (4) times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement, demonstrate improved academic performance as well as lower dropout rates and more than twice as likely to graduate college as their peers with no arts education.
- All Day Event – 1:00 am, November 22, 2022 – February 25, 2023 – The Gaston County Musuem presents Cooking Under Pressure until February 25th, 2023!
- 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm, January 6, 2023 – May 20, 2023 – Audition Sign Ups for Spring 2023 Shows hosted by the Little Theater of Gastonia — Save the Date!
- All Day Event, January 14, 2023 – March 26, 2023 – The Little Theater of Gastonia presents And All That Jazz - Show Three — Jan 14th - March 26th, 2023
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, January 14, 2023 – February 18, 2023 – Gaston County Art Guild presents A Moment in Time — January 24th - February 18th, 2023
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm, January 24, 2023 – February 18, 2023 – Gaston County Art Guild Photography Show 2023 in Partnership with the Gaston County Museum