For Arts Organizations
GRASSROOTS ARTS PROGRAM GRANT
Gaston Arts Council is the local arts council, in Gaston County, nominated by the county governments and approved by N.C. Arts Council as the Designated County Partner (DCP) to manage the Grassroots Arts Program Grant allotment to eligible organizations in Gaston County.
- All organizations must have been in operation for at least one year. While nonprofit 501(C)(3) status is preferred, organizations that are nonprofit in nature may also apply. (Recommended, but not required.)
- All organizations must reside and carry out projects within (County Name) County
- Organizations that receive N. C. Arts Council’s State Arts Resources are not eligible for Grassroots funds. (Under some circumstance, exceptions can be made.)
- Individuals are not eligible to apply for Grassroots Arts funds.
- Applications and support materials must be complete and received by the due date.
Priorities for Funding:
The first priority for awarding subgrants is to provide program or operating support to qualified arts organizations (where they exist) including, theaters, symphonies, galleries, art guilds, choral societies, dance companies, folk arts societies, writers groups and arts festivals, among others. Grassroots funds are not generally awarded to arts organizations that receive funding through the Arts Council’s State Arts Resources (SAR) Program. SAR organizations must receive prior approval from Arts Council staff before applying for Grassroots funds.
The second priority for subgranting grassroots funds is to support arts learning and arts in education programs conducted by qualified artists. These can be artist residencies in the schools, after school summer camps or adult arts learning classes. Grassroots funds may not be used for activities associated with a school’s internal arts programs such as in-school student performances, the purchase of art supplies or student arts competitions and publications.
The third priority priority includes subgrants made to other community, civic and municipal organizations that provide quality experiences for the greater community. These programs must be conducted by qualified artists.
Grassroots Arts Program Grant funding is provided by the North Carolina Arts Council a division of the Department of Natural and Cultural Resources.
The Grassroots Arts Program Grant application information, for Gaston County eligible applicants, will be made shared, each year, when it becomes available. For more information, contact the Gaston Arts Council office at (704) 853-2787 or email [email protected].