Gaston Arts Council Artist Support Grant
The Grassroots Arts Program Grant funding increase voted on and passed by the N.C. State Legislature, in July 2022, for the NC Arts Council Grassroots Arts Program Grants which in turn will provide an increase to the Grassroots Arts Program Grant amount received by Gaston Arts Council. Thus, Gaston Arts Council is pleased to introduce its Artist Support Grant for artists who reside in Gaston County. The funds are to provide support for costs directed related to artistic development, for example, a workshop/training or purchase of materials/supplies/equipment related to the artist’s specific discipline for work on a Gaston County project or event.
The Grant Cycle January 1, 2023 through March 30, 2023 while funding remains available
Grant Amounts will range from $250 – $750
Grants will be awarded through a competitive application process that is reviewed by a panel of community citizens for artist training/workshop or material/supplies/equipment for artist to carry out their work. No recipient is guaranteed funding during each grant cycle.
For more information or if you have any questions, contact our office at (704) 853-2787 or email [email protected].
- 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm, December 2, 2022 – December 3, 2022 – A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens —presented by Cherryville Little Theatre
- 7:30 pm – 5:00 pm, December 2, 2022 – December 11, 2022 – A Christmas Carol Hosted by Little Theatre of Gastonia, Friday December 2nd - 11th
- 7:30 pm – 4:00 pm, December 2, 2022 – December 4, 2022 – The Nutcracker 2022 Hosted by Gaston Dance Theatre — Dec. 2nd - 4th @Gaston Day School
- 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm, December 3, 2022 – Christmas Village Arts Sale 2022 hosted by the Gaston County Art Guild
- 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, December 4, 2022 – December 5, 2022 – Auditions for ‘The Importance of Being EARNEST’ December 4th and 5th hosted by Cherryville Little Theatre