Arts in Community
As part of our Arts in Community initiatives, we strive to foster well being through interactive arts experiences presented to health and human services and/or healthcare providers throughout Gaston County. Gaston Arts Council hires professional teaching artist to present the art sessions as well as covers the cost of the supplies and materials. Sessions are provided to: Gaston Residential Services (supports persons with developmental and other disabilities), Off the Streets Program Inc. (a transitional housing program helping women recover from addictions), Women’s Shelter of Gaston County, Covenant Village continuing care retirement community, Gaston Skills Adult Developmental Program and the list is growing.
- 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm, January 23, 2018 – Art for the Heart session
- 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm, January 25, 2018 – LIT UP Event - The Art of Creating With Words: A Conversation With Teens
- 7:00 pm – 8:15 pm, February 9, 2018 – GSOA Playhouse Production: The Mousetrap
- 7:00 pm – 8:15 pm, February 10, 2018 – GSOA Playhouse Production: The Mousetrap
- 3:00 pm – 4:15 pm, February 11, 2018 – GSOA Playhouse Production: The Mousetrap
- 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm, February 25, 2018 – Community Jazz Series Concert