Arts, Career & Education Program
Gaston Arts Council facilitates the Arts & Arts, Career and Education program which introduces the multidisciplinary aspects of the arts to Gaston County high school students. The program provides career orientation experiences, leadership opportunities, field trips and community service activities. The primary goals of the program are to aid the students in developing their knowledge of the particular area or areas of interest in the arts and to introduce them to the career, teaching, entrepreneurship possibilities in the arts; as well as prepare the students for their annual presentation.
Special guests are invited to speak to the students on various topics related to pursuing arts as career. Some of the past guest speakers: John Clark, photojournalist, Kathy Blake, columnist, Rhett Heglar, musician, Tim White, musician and April D. Bethea, online producer, Jonell Pulliam, artist, educator, and collector, Kenneth “Kenny” Carr, composer, producer, singer, internationally renowned Jazz musician, Juan Logan, celebrated visual artist, Merryman Cassels, artist & proprietor HIVE, Anouk Valentine, owner, Creative Creations by You, Jan Craft, metalsmith, sculptor & jewelry maker, Jennifer Nichols, Director of Admissions and Counseling, Gaston College, Randy Walker, Public Affairs Producer & host of “Roundtable”, WSGE ~ 91.7 FM and Tim Greene, Assistant Program & Music Director & morning show host, WSGE ~ 91.7 FM.
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, April 22, 2018 – July 11, 2018 – From Over Here to Over There: World War I in the Southwest Piedmont
- 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, June 21, 2018 – June Creative Pollinators - Music & Technology with DNZMuzic
- 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm, June 26, 2018 – Art for the Heart session
- All Day Event, July 4, 2018 – Dallas Concert and Fireworks
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, July 18, 2018 – Summer Reading Program: Dancing Through the Ages