Art for the Heart
Families within our community are invited to “Come encounter art that’s good for the Heart”.
The sessions take place monthly, usually, on the last Tuesday of the month at the newly designed Carothers facility at Gaston Memorial Park, 2205 Williamsburg Drive in Gastonia. There is no cost to attend but seating is limited so RSVP today at (704) 865-9521 or via the Meet Up page.
The interactive art sessions are taught by professional teaching artists and include such art forms like music (sing a long), jewelry making, fiber art, drama, color pencils, stain glass and journal making & more…
Everyone is welcome!
Registrants will be served dinner promptly at 5 PM! and the art session begins at 5:30 PM.
Art sessions to date:
April, art form of Japanese marbling called “Suminagashi” with teaching artist Deveta Glenn
March, “Illuminated Letters” with teaching artist Jackie Laine
February, abstract heart drawings with teaching artist Deveta Glenn
January, mandala inspired designs with teaching artist Kristin Smith
November, tole painting with teaching artists Cris & Bob Yost
October, stain glass with teaching artist Deborah Hamer
September, color pencils with teaching artist Ronald Shepard
- 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm, June 3, 2017 – Arts in the Park 2017
- 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm, June 15, 2017 – June Creative Pollinators meetup
- 9:00 am – 2:00 pm, June 19, 2017 – GSOA Summer Drama Camp: Annie Jr.
- 9:00 am – 2:00 pm, June 20, 2017 – GSOA Summer Drama Camp: Annie Jr.
- 9:00 am – 2:00 pm, June 21, 2017 – GSOA Summer Drama Camp: Annie Jr.