2018 - 2019 Community Jazz Series (Jazz @ The Abbey)
November 11, 2018 –
Elements of Empowerment, Inc., in partnership with Belmont Abbey College, presents the 2018 - 2019 Community Jazz Series (Jazz @ The Abbey.) The series is comprised of four concerts that are coordinated with the Abbey Players' theater season. Accomplished performers present music and history via intimate concerts at the Haid Theater, on the working set of the current production. Each show will feature two 45-minute sets, with a brief intermission, followed by a reception.
September 23, 2018
Dawn Anthony with the Lovell Bradford Ensemble on the set of
The Foreigner by Larry Shue
November 11, 2018
David Pankey Trio on the set of It's A Wonderful Life: A Radio Play
By Joe Landry
February 17, 2019
The Mayhue Bostic Jazz Group on the set of Much Ado About Nothing
By William Shakespeare
April 7, 2019
A Sign Of The Times on the set of Bye Bye Birdie
Book by Michael Stewart
Music by Charles Strauss and lyrics by Lee Adams
Tickets are available at Caravan Coffee & Dessert Bar, on the Elements of Empowerment Facebook page, at Givelify.com, and at the door. Advance purchase is highly recommended.
Season tickets are $35 each
Reserved reception seating included.
Individual tickets are $10.00 each
Tickets for children under 12 are $5.00 and sold only at the door.
Sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities are also available.
Elements of Empowerment, Inc. welcomes volunteers and undesignated contributions to support the organization and the programs that fulfill its mission. For additional information, contact Elements of Empowerment, Inc. at ElementsofEmpowerment@gmail.com, (704) 755-5210, or P. O. Box 801, Belmont NC 28012.
- 10:00 am, January 15, 2019 – February 28, 2019 – The Long March: Herblock & The Civil Rights Era
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, February 11, 2019 – May 13, 2019 – Books: Stories that Shape Us
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, February 12, 2019 – May 14, 2019 – Books: Stories that Shape Us
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, February 13, 2019 – May 15, 2019 – Books: Stories that Shape Us
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, February 14, 2019 – May 16, 2019 – Books: Stories that Shape Us
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, February 15, 2019 – May 17, 2019 – Books: Stories that Shape Us